7 Jan 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas break and are ready for a fresh start at school? I sure did enjoy my time off but I am also looking forward to seeing you all again.

In two weeks Test Week #2 starts and before that we will be doing a project about the National Poetry Week in  2M and in 2H. To get you started on the project I found a nice poem about New Year's Resolutions (do you have any?). Enjoy!




New Year's Resolutions
Last year I did some rotten things.
This year I will be better.
Here are some resolutions
I will follow to the letter:

I won't make dumb excuses
when my homework isn't done;
when the truth is that I did no work
'cause I was having fun.

I won't fly paper airplanes
when the teacher isn't looking.
I won't sneak in the kitchen
just to taste what they are cooking.

I will not twist the silverware
to see how far it bends.
I will not take the candy bars
from lunch bags of my friends.

I will not skateboard down the hall
or skateboard down the stairs.
I won't run over teachers,
and I won't crash into chairs.

I will not do these rotten things;
my heart is full of sorrow.
But I have got some brand-new tricks
to try in school tomorrow.

-Bruce Lansky


No comments:

Post a Comment